This week has been a difficult one for us here in the UK, and especially here in the North West where I live. In fact, on Tuesday of this week I travelled to Manchester to be a guest on a local community radio station for 2 hours talking about angels and their messages of peace and love.
The invitation was extended to me about 3 weeks ago and when I went to make the appointment, I was shown very clearly that I had to be the guest on the 23rd.
What I experienced
As I travelled to, through and from Manchester, the mood overall was very upbeat, with plenty of good positive energy flowing. The community was pulling together and people were adjusting to the sudden, but temporary change.
One of the main train stations was closed and so people were having to use alternative trains to get to their destinations, but everyone did so with good heart. In fact, on my way there, I ended up sitting next to a lady and we talked non-stop about angels all the way to Manchester.
What the media portrayed
When I got to the radio station though, the energy was very different – it was all about keeping people feeling helpless and fearful. The news was broadcast every thirty minutes and each time it focused on the scariest aspects of what happened.
If you wanted to find out the real stories of what happened, the only place you found this was on social media. Stories of bravery, compassion and reaching out to strangers to offer comfort, shelter and love abounded. People from all walks of life banded together and let complete strangers into their homes, their cars, their lives.
One of the stories that touched me was the story of how two homeless men who had been begging by the stadium leaped into action to help the children, teenagers and adults who had been injured. In the newspaper stories about this, there seemed to be a feeling of incredulity that two people that they very often portray as being not worthy of our love or compassion should do something selfless for other people.
For me, it’s high time that our media was used to bring out the best in people, to show just how loving, caring and compassionate our society really is. The negativity and the manipulation of people’s emotions for the worse is one of the many reasons that I avoid having contact with the mainstream media.
While I loved being the guest on the radio station, and the fact that my angels knew that there would be a very great need for their message on that day, it saddened me to see how people are being manipulated without their awareness. And part of me wants nothing to do with that, and part of me wants to be part of what will come out of all this.
What people *really* want
What we have to learn most of all is that what people everywhere want is connection. A connection to love, to friendship, to their tribe. We spend a great deal of our time building walls between ourselves and our fellow human beings.
- We spend hours on our phones, using the written word to communicate, and forgetting the power of our own voices to make connection with others
- We bury ourselves in busy work to feel like we’re “doing” something instead of using that time to show how much we love ourselves and other people
- We push earphones into our ears to block out the sounds of other people and to create our own private world, disconnected from the world around us
- We rely on large organisations to provide our daily needs and thus disconnect ourselves from the natural world and the changing of the seasons
- We use intermediaries to communicate difficult news to others
- We bury ourselves in the torrent of news and advertising so that we can sooth ourselves with “stuff” instead of with connection
- We label people by their faith, sexuality, gender, financial status, job title and emphasise the differences between “them” and “us”
We are all one in this world of ours. It may seem that we are all separate beings, but in reality we are all of the one mind and the one heart. We are more similar than we are different.
A new reality
Yesterday the angels gave me an inspired glimpse of an alternative future reality where instead of the news focusing on the horror of tragedies like this, it encouraged us all to send love, healing, compassion and prayers to help those involved.
It broadcast details of
- *practical* things we could do to help, such as donating goods, money or blood
- details of where volunteers were needed to help comfort the injured and bereaved
- a timetable of when extra resources would be needed in the days ahead so that systems did not become overloaded and emergency teams overwhelmed
- times when group healing could be sent to help the situation
And instead of relentlessly talking about the injured and dead, it kept the focus on the good, and only broadcast known facts, rather than speculation, gossip, hearsay and rumour, and limited those broadcasts to 2-3 times per day, rather than 2-3 times an hour.
Change Your Focus
When we focus on connection, love and compassion, it enables the world to change. People reach out to each other, old differences are forgotten, priorities and life focus change, and in the process the whole of humanity is uplifted.
One day, our great grandchildren will come to us and say “Did that really used to happen? Why did people do that to themselves? Didn’t they know that love is what will help most, not fear? Things really were messed up in the olden days!”
And I’d love to be able to say to my great grandchildren “Yes, they were for a time, however I was blessed to be among the first to help make those changes for the better. The angels guided me and showed me how to bring love to people who felt they didn’t have enough. And now you and all your friends get the benefit of those changes. It took a lot of courage on the parts of many people, but in the end love and common sense prevailed.”
What would you like to tell your great grandchildren one day?
PS I’m running a new (and free!) 5 day challenge starting on Monday 12 June called How to Hear Angelic Guidance Clearly. I’d love you to come and join in, because I’ll be teaching you all about
- how to use oracle and tarot cards
- how to develop your psychic senses
- using journalling or automatic writing for guidance
- how to see specific signs from your angels
- how to use meditation and prayer
I’ll be doing this through daily video broadcasts in the Angels in Training Facebook Group (click here to join the group). If you want to know more, and how to sign up, just tag me in the group once you’ve joined ?